Line 6, Inc.
Store.line6.com Terms and Conditions of Sale
About These Terms and Conditions
- Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully. They contain important information about your rights and obligations as well as limitations and exclusions that apply to you. These Terms and any contract between Ally Commerce (“Ally”) and Line 6, Inc. (“Line 6”) and yourself. These Terms are only available in English.
- If you are or have purchased Products from a third party retailer or reseller, these Terms do not apply to you and you should refer to the terms and conditions of sale of the relevant retailer or reseller.
- These Terms only apply to purchases made in and delivered to addresses located within the United States of America.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase Products from this Web Store.
- You agree that these Terms apply to your purchase of the Products. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from the Web Store. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms or save a copy to your computer for future reference after placing an order.
- “Ally” refers to Ally Commerce, a Delaware corporation, located at 3765 Atlanta Industrial Dr. NW, Suite A, Atlanta, Georgia 30331.
- “Line 6” refers to Line 6, Inc. a California corporation located at 25680 Agoura Road, Calabasas, California 91302.
- “License Manager” means Line 6’s free software utility that enables the delivery and functionality of your Line 6 License Order Software purchases.
- “Line 6 License Order” means the purchase and delivery of one or more Software Products in a single transaction delivered by internet download to your computer that requires activation using the Line 6 License Manager.
- “Limited Warranty” means the manufacturers limited warranty accompanying most Hardware.
- “iLok License Order” means the purchase and delivery of one or more Software Products in a single transaction delivered by internet download that requires the deposit of an iLok License into an iLok hardware device to authenticate the software.
- “Product” or “Products” means those Line 6 products and accessories described in your order confirmation and purchase receipt (each delivered by email to the email address provided by you to Line 6). The Product does not include packaging.
- “Purchase Receipt” means the email confirmation sent to you confirming our acceptance of your order and dispatch of the Products.
- “Hardware” means a physical Product that is delivered to you by Line 6 or our fulfillment partners to your physical shipping address.
- “Software” means a downloadable software-only Product that is delivered to you by Line 6 to your computer via the internet.
- “Website” means the website operated by Line 6 and located at the URL: www.line6.com.
- “Web Store” means the online store operated by Line 6, and/or its designated third party agent Ally, located at the URL: store.line6.com.
- Hardware Products
3.1.a.Upon placing an order for Hardware, you will receive (A) an onscreen confirmation, which we suggest you print for your records, and (B) an e-mail confirmation from Line 6 acknowledging the order.
3.1.b.Upon shipment of the order, you will receive a Purchase Receipt via e-mail that will include your order number, ship date, ship-to address and tracking number.
3.1.c.Orders received after 2:00pm Pacific Time are not eligible for same day shipping.
- Software Products
3.2.a.Upon placing an order for Software (whether a Line 6 License Order or an iLok License Order), you will receive (A) an onscreen confirmation, which we suggest you print for your records, and (B) a Purchase Receipt via e-mail acknowledging the order and providing activation instructions.
- Prices offered on the Web Store are in U.S. dollars.
- Prices do not include shipping and handling, expedited service, or sales tax if applicable, which will be added to your total invoice price and provided to you both before you place your order and in your order confirmation. You are responsible for any shipping and handling charges and state and local sales and use taxes that may apply to your order.
- Prices and configurations advertised on the Web Store are subject to change without notice or obligation prior to acceptance of your order. We take reasonable care to ensure the prices of Products are correct when entered on the Web Store. If we discover an error in the price of a Product you ordered, we will notify you at the email address provided by you. Changes to pricing will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Purchase Receipt.
- Your total price for the Products will be stated on your Purchase Receipt.
Delivery – Hardware Products
- Line 6 will deliver all Hardware Products to the delivery address stated on your order. Delivery will be completed when the Hardware is transferred to the carrier (UPS, Federal Express, DHL, etc.) for shipment to the address you provided to us. The Hardware will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery to the carrier and you will own the Hardware once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
- Most items feature free ground shipping in the contiguous United States (48 states). Express shipping is available at an added cost to be determined at time of check-out. The cost of shipping and handling will be shown on your Purchase Receipt. We will inform you of estimated shipment dates, and will not be responsible for delays in delivery due to events beyond its control, including shortage of materials, labor strikes, transportation failures, or acts of god. Most orders ship within 24 hours of payment. Orders received after 2:00pm Pacific Time are not eligible for same day shipping.
- You must examine the Hardware upon receipt. If any item is damaged or missing, you must notify us within ten days from the date of delivery.
- We will not deliver Hardware outside of the United States.
Delivery – Software Products
- Purchases and delivery of Software can be completed using the Line 6 License Order or iLok License Order.
- Line 6 License Orders are delivered by internet download to your computer, and require activation of the Software using only Line 6’s License Manager utility tool. You will receive one (1) license per order that can be managed in your Line 6 user account’s “Purchase History” page.
- iLok License Orders are delivered by internet download into an iLok hardware device via your computer. To facilitate delivery, the iLok License is delivered to your Line 6 user account. From your Line 6 user account you can download the iLok License into an iLok hardware device using your computer. You will receive one (1) iLok Deposit License per Software Product purchased. You can activate and manage your iLok licenses on the iLok Deposits page [www.ilok.com/ilm].
- You can pay for Products using a debit card, credit card or gift cards featuring the Visa®, Master Card® or American Express® logos. You can also pay for Products using PayPal. For help setting up or accessing your PayPal account, contact PayPal. Checks are not accepted.
- We will not charge your card or account until your Hardware order is confirmed in stock, or Software is available for download.
- Ally will not accept the return of any Products that you purchased from a third party.
- Hardware - Defective
8.2.a.You may return defective Hardware during the first thirty (30) days following the date of your purchase for a refund of your original purchase price (including any sales tax paid) or a comparable replacement product (i.e. a return of a b-stock unit, get a replacement b-stock unit).
8.2.b.After the thirty (30) day return period set forth in 8.2.a. above, you may return defective Hardware during the Limited Warranty period and subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Limited Warranty. See Section 9.2 below for additional details. You are responsible for return shipping and shipping costs to return the Hardware to us pursuant to the Limited Warranty.
8.2.c.You are fully responsible for the defective Hardware until they are received by Ally.
8.2.d.To return a defective Hardware Product:
- Contact email@example.com with your order name, address, order number.
- A member of our customer service staff will contact you to (i) understand the reason for the return and to assess the defective nature of the Hardware Product and (ii) provide you with a return address and instructions.
- You must return the defective Hardware within thirty (30) days of receiving the return address and instructions. Please note: You have a legal obligation to keep the Product(s) in your possession and to take reasonable care while they are in your possession.
- Upon Ally’s receipt and inspection of the defective Hardware Product, Ally will refund your original purchase price (including any sales tax paid) to the card or PayPal account used to make the original purchase.
- Hardware - Non-Defective
8.3.a.You may return non-defective Hardware at any time during the first thirty (30) days following the date of your purchase subject to the conditions and exceptions set forth in this Section 8.3.
8.3.b.You may not return non-defective electronic parts that have been installed.
8.3.c.Shipping and Handling charges will not be refunded.
8.3.d.You are fully responsible for the Hardware until they are received by Ally. All returned Hardware must be received in the same condition as you received them.
8.3.e.You are responsible for shipping costs to return the Hardware to Ally.
8.3.f.A fifteen percent (15%) restocking fee will be deducted from your refund.
8.3.g.To return a non-defective Hardware Product:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order name, address, order number.
- A member of our customer service staff will contact you to (i) understand the reason for the return and (ii) provide you with a return address and instructions.
- You must return the Hardware within thirty (30) days of receiving the return address and instructions. Please note: You have a legal obligation to keep the Product(s) in your possession and to take reasonable care while they are in your possession.
- Upon Ally’s receipt and inspection of the Hardware Product, Ally will refund your original purchase price (including any sales tax paid) less shipping and handling (see 8.3.c. above) and less the fifteen percent (15%) restocking fee (see 8.3.f. above) to the card or PayPal account used to make the original purchase.
- Software – Line 6 License Order.
8.4.a.You may return Line 6 License Orders of Software Products at any time during the first fourteen (14) days following the date of your purchase for a full refund subject to the conditions set forth in this Section 8.4. After this fourteen (14) day period, returns will not be accepted and no refund will be paid.
8.4.b.All Software purchased in a single transaction must be returned together. A refund for less than the full original order amount cannot be issued.
8.4.c.To return a Line 6 License Order please follow these steps:
- De-authorize all of your devices using the License Manager utility program.
- Log into your Line 6 User Account.
- Go to the ‘Purchase History’ page and click on the ‘Details’ link. Find the order you want to return and make a note of the order number to be returned. Open a ticket at www.line6.com/support/itckets and include the order number to be returned.
- Re-authorize all of your devices using the License Manager utility program.
- Software - iLok License Order. We cannot accept returns of any iLok License order because the iLok License is managed by a third party (iLok).
Limited Warranty; Disclaimer of Warranties
- Software Products. All Software is sold ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind.
- Hardware Products. Most Hardware is accompanied by a Limited Warranty. Limited Warranties vary by Product and can be found at www.line6.com/warranty.
- Limited Warranties only apply upon our receipt of full payment of the Products from you.
- The Limited Warranty, if any, is the only warranty applicable to the Hardware. No oral or written information (including but not limited to the limited money back guarantee), or advice given by Line 6 or Ally or their agents or employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of the Limited Warranty.
- The right to return defective Products, as described above, shall constitute Line 6’s sole liability and your exclusive remedy in connection with any claim of any kind relating to the quality, condition or performance of any Products, whether such claim is based upon principles of contract, warranty, negligence or other tort, breach of any statutory duty, principles of indemnity or contribution, or otherwise.
Governing Law; Disputes
- You agree that all matters relating to your access to or use of the Website and Web Store, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of the United States and by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. You agree to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts in Los Angeles County, California, and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue. Any claim under these Terms must be brought within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is barred. No recovery may be sought or received for damages other than out-of-pocket expenses, except that the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. In the event of any controversy or dispute between you and Line 6 arising out of or in connection with your use of the Web Store, the parties shall attempt, promptly and in good faith, to resolve any such dispute. If we are unable to resolve any such dispute within thirty (30) days, then either party may submit such controversy or dispute to mediation. If the dispute cannot be resolved through mediation, then the parties shall be free to pursue any right or remedy available to them under applicable law.
- Purchase Inquires: If you have questions about your order, please email us at email@example.com.
- Service/Support Inquires: If you have service and support questions, please create a support ticket here.
Updated: January 24, 2017